Faulty PSU, new needed - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2016, 03:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Faulty PSU, new needed

Or should I go 5 pounds up and buy the SeaSonic USA S12II 520 Bronze?
I hear it is pretty good as well, and it has 20 more watts

anto2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Monster Techie

The seasonic is also excellent, running seasonic myself. Either would be good, I have no opinion on the EVGA as I've never used one as of yet but hear good things.

Antec 200 - I7-920 - ASUS P6T - Corsair TX650 it's old but still kicking like a mule
2-EVGA GTX 470 in SLI- ocz vertex 3 SSD 128 gig
Seagate Barracuda 1-TB - OCZ DDR3-1600 12 gigs 3x2
Keeps Me Happy :lol:

If I've been helpful, Please rep me
Dauntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Private Joker

Believe EVGA uses SeaSonic as one of their OEMs in their quality units.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto2554 View Post
Sorry if it sounded rude, didn't mean to - its hard to make a joke sound sarcastic on the internet.

So I found the SeaSonic SSR-650RM 650W which has a gold cirtifaction(?) And is on sale for 80$ on Newegg so that seems like a good deal.

Does that seem like a good PSU? And I know it will have some future proofing, too.
It's not a big deal, just have to understand that that it's extremely annoying to others to repeat themselves constantly and then be called lazy on top of that when we aren't the ones with the issue. I know my comment back wasn't the most appropriate or mature, but on the broad spectrum hopefully the below will show you why I acted that way in defense.

Quote:
Not buying it anyway D: newegg's international shipping obviously doesn't ship to Denmark (sarcastic voice)
Newegg UK might ship to Denmark, but you might be better off trying a website from the country or Amazon UK.

Quote:
What about the EVGA 500 Bronze Power Supply?
Kinda what feels like good from what I've read (I know its stupid; I've become an anti-corsair fanboy)
Does it seem like a good choice now I can't get the other amazing one?
This is one of the things I'm talking about. I already mentioned the eVGA 500b in my previous post as well as the Seasonic modular model from the post below.

Being an anti-Corsair fanboy is quite ridiculous considering the circumstances. Firstly, the CX430 is their lowest end model that isn't made the same as the CX500 or even their higher end models like the RM/HX/AX series. Secondly, from what we could tell from your first topic you still didn't manage to get the 24pin in all the way which is really required to not make it short out after it gets strained. For all we (or you) know it's your own fault and not the fault of the PSU.

Quote:
Or should I go 5 pounds up and buy the SeaSonic USA S12II 520 Bronze?
I hear it is pretty good as well, and it has 20 more watts
Like I said above, I already mentioned the Seasonic M1211 520. If you want to call people lazy maybe you should read before typing. Just my 2c. IMO the S1211/M1211 platform is better than the eVGA B series units, but the eVGA B series units are always cheaper and in the long run will probably act all the same.

Quote:
Believe EVGA uses SeaSonic as one of their OEMs in their quality units.
eVGA mainly uses HEC and Superflower.

Edit: Let's do this if you are up for it. If/when you do get a new PSU how about we see how much shipping is from Denmark to me and I'll pay for shipping of the CX430 so I can test it out myself to put that to rest. Does that sound good?

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
eVGA mainly uses HEC and Superflower.
Hmm though I read somewhere that EVGA uses SeaSonic... maybe I'm thinking of XFX.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Hmm though I read somewhere that EVGA uses SeaSonic... maybe I'm thinking of XFX.
They used Seasonic for their Supernova G2 line I believe and they have an unreleased line that uses them as an OEM. The B series is HEC as is most of their midrange line. The top tier stuff is Super Flower. Nothin but the best.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Not quite sure, but I'll think about it.
But are YOU sure? Im pretty sure shipping from Denmark to USA will make crazy Danish taxes.
At least if you send from USA to Denmark the taxes are usually over 50%

Also, that game thing requesting mechwarrior buddies, is it ark?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #28 (permalink)
Build Guru

We can figure out the shipping costs when it comes to it. I'm sure your post has a shipping calculator.

The banner link in the middle is for my ARK server, Descent and Mechwarrior buddies is a bit old now.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
We can figure out the shipping costs when it comes to it. I'm sure your post has a shipping calculator.

The banner link in the middle is for my ARK server, Descent and Mechwarrior buddies is a bit old now.
Hmmm actually it's only about 30$ if I send it as a monster letter, but (and I'm sorry) I don't really trust you, I mean, you seem like a fine guy, but really I don't feel safe with u, and btw why do you want it?

EDIT: that came out wrong.
I don't feel safe with you and my credit card info
Old 02-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Build Guru

I don't need any of your info? I'm paying you to ship your supposed bad PSU to me after you get a replacement to see if it's really bad or not. You'd already have your new PSU, and you're not even out shipping costs. I'd be Paypaling you the shipping costs.

Access to my Plex PM me.