Hello,

My bro built his new PC yesterday. His main specs are:

- Intel Celeron D 336 2.8Ghz
- ASRock 775Dual-880Pro Motherboard
- VIA PT880 Pro Chipset
- 256MB Corsair DDR333 RAM
- ATI Radeon 9200 AGP 128MB
- Windows XP Pro SP2

We hooked everything up, all is well....except for one thing. The stock heatsink fan keeps spinning at full rate and won't slow down.

We've checked the tempteratures in BIOS and it reads good. CPU is at around 40°C and the case temperature is just under that. Used speedfan in windows and checked the temperatures when running demanding apps and not much change. Heatsink fan is still constant at full rate, and temperatures have hardly moved.

What's the issue here...? We've connected the fan to the correct connector- both the CPU and chasis connectors have fan speed lines. It's just the heatsink fan that won't slow down . . .

Can you adjust the thresholdes? So when it goes, say aboe 60*c than it runs at full speed? As on my Abit AV8 3rd eye I could do that. I believe I can do the same on my ASUS motherboard, but I don't have any fans (apart from the chipset fan) running off the motherboard.

well i had that problem with my Coolermaster Hyper48 hs/f, and i had to cut one of the wires goin to it...(4 wires) now it runs at 1200rpm ish but before it was walkin around the room at 3500rpm, very frustrating isnt it...

have u looked in the bios settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom