Is this fan suitable and small enough? recommendations?

steve10765

Daemon Poster
Hi, I need a fan(not just the blades but the whole thing) smaller than or 3inches in height. I have tried to find some but I need help, and some recommendations.
can you link me some fans please??? I will only buy from amazon right now as I already have money in there.
http://www.amazon.com/CASE-40X40X10MM-BALL-BEARING-3-PIN/dp/B002OFL1J8/ref=pd_sim_pc_3
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Fan-40mm-10mm-3-Pin/dp/B000BSHKKE/ref=pd_cp_pc_1

I need at least another fan to help intake air into my system but i can only put it in the front of my pc because thats where the dust filter is(the whole cover. My house was built in 1784). there is a 3 inches space where extra dvd or cd drives can be added, i plan on putting a fan(or 2) in there and just taping them down.

Please help!

my case is good. do you see where the 3 dvd slots are? well i have 2 spaces free and want to cram 2 60mm fans in there, but i need to find a fan with this cable attachment (the white part on the right) what is this cable called so i can look up fans with that, or is there an adapter? i have used up all the designated fan cables so i have resorted to that

thanks for the reply

Thanks for the help, this is what I will buy soon if you also thinks its ok. What do you think?

I know my PC is well ventilated already, but I need more intake! I have 1 120MM fan sucking in air through the front, and 2 120MM fans sucking air out the side, 1 140MM fan on the top, and a fan sucking air out the back. 1 Intake, 4 outakes. My PC suck in air through the front grille where there is no fan(the space for 2 more DVD drives) and my comp partially sucks in air on the outside of the outake fans, hell i cant really feel it blowing out the top, if i put a small paper on it it wont really blow away, just move a little.
I can only have Intake through the front of my system(the whole front has a dust filter). The house I live in was made in 1783 so its dusty even when clean. Now you can see why I am getting 2 60MM fans to aid my pc's forward intake.
what do you think of that? aslong as it has the right connections it will work, I am cramming 2 into where the 2 extra DVD drives go(3inch space by 5 3/4 inch space)

Dust filter or not, a PC will get dusty in which you will need to periodically clean it out. Typically about every 6 months for a gamer PC that is used on a daily basis. Your 2 on the side should be intake and the top and rear exhaust. As for the top fan, you can easily replace that to get more exhaust. If you are still using all the stock fans you can replace them all to get better airflow quite easily.

That being said, you can get a single Sythe Kaze 120mm to put in the front that will push more air by itself than the 2 60mm fans together. There are also ways of putting dust filters on the side fans too. Just go look over on performance-pcs.com and frozencpu.com to find case mods suitable for what you want to do.

so your saying i should take out my front fan and replace it with a better one??? that sounds like a good idea, i never thought the fans might not be so good, seing as i paid 60 bucks for the case

i will settle for those 2 little fans for now. its more of a bonus to my PC, my PC is pretty cool(as you know) for a fan system. this will probably change my temps by one degreee or less, i just wanted it so my pc wouldnt suck air in through other spots without a dust filter.
yes i do know i can purchase fans with dust filters, but i already bought fans without a filer(pretty good cooler master ones). this is just a bonus(2 60mm fans)

You have linked 40mm fans in your first post. In all honesty, I doubt they will make any difference at all.

As for the case and case fans, Rosewill make cheap fans which is why I said to replace the front fan. My Sythe Kaze is pushing enough air through a dust filter that I can feel air flow on my hand from the middle of the case. All I have is a single 120 in the front and back for air flow in my case and I get good performance. That being said, my rear fan is a low RPM Noctua fan.

Back
Top Bottom