fan placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp423

In Runtime
alright, i have two fans in my computer. one on the cpu and one on the side, where the window is.... i wanted to know what way are the fans suppost to go... for the cpu, is the fan supposed to blow air towards the cpu or is it supposed to blow the air upwards, away from the cpu?? and for the side fan, is it supposed to blow air out? or is it suppoed to suck (blow) air into the case???

thanks and is there anyway to make my fans quieter and is the side fan really necessary. ????

Side fan is intake, and CPU fan I'm not too sure... probably toward the cpu since if its blowing air away from it then it renders the side fan somewhat useless. Again not sure about the cpu fan, check manual or manufacturer's website.

The CPU fan should blow air onto the CPU heatsink. Any front fans, side fans, or top fans should blow air into the case. The rear fans and PSU fans are the exhaust fans. If you only have 2 fans, you should keep them both.

As for quieting them, you can get a dampener like this

Chassis fans (Exausht) blow out hot air so cool air can come in from your side window fan... They are either at the back or on the top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom