fan installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
installing 4 120mm fans on side of tower. Iam puttin them in a square
and was wondering if I should make 2 blowing in air and 2 sucking air,
or all sucking, or 4 blowing. I have no clue some help would be awesome thanx.:p

The top ones should be sucking air. The side should have two of each. If the top one is sucking air then it will get hotter because warm air rises hence it will be drawing in warm air. Then again if you can put the sucking ones on top and one side, and the blowing on the other.

The only way you are going to be able to tell which way work's best is by trying all way's possible,Each case has it's own flow pattern and it's going to be your job to figure out the best setup for the case ;)

4 on the side as intake, and 2 at the top as blowholes exahust. and try to fit a fan in the back of your case as exahust too

I'm gonna say that the tops need to be exhaust, and why you want 4 fans on the side of the case is beyond me. I think the back is a great place for exhaust, and the front is good intake. Remember the good ol equation. It's best to have intake=exhaust, and with an odd number, exhaust = intake +1

Ryan

If I was in your situation, I would put the two on top as exhaust, 4 on the side as intake, and one in back for exhaust :)

yeah iam getting 3x120mm on top instead. It will be better with that much air coming in, it probaly wont all go out.

ohh yeah i have a 90mm on the back to. I dont know if that will mess up my air flow. Ill take this weekend to figure it out.

...how MUCH are you going to be overclocking??? i dont see any other reason to have this many fans O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom