Fan Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
I have a question about fan controllers? How do they work? Also I have a zalman 9500 and then 2 case fans. I want to make my comp quiter any guides/ help etc would be great. SOrry for the new question

Ok.. Another question I have it that if I plug my Zalmann into a PSU pin instead of the mobo pin my MOBO yells at me during BIOS and says no Fan is detected. Would this happen a fan controller or is there a way to get around this?

Also any good fan controllers recommendations

Who do you HAVE to plug it into the PSU? And, majority of the fan controllers that I have seen deal with the standard pin connections. I've only dealt with 2 different fan controllers though ... :confused:

I don't have it plugged into the psu. Do fan controllers plug into PSU power cords or do they go through one of the 3pin Mobo fan connectors?

Now that I read it, I realize that I'm an idiot ... sorry about that. I have a fan controller on my Zalman, it virtually acts as an extension to the 3pin connection on the actual fan its self. For instance, you plug your fan into the controller and the controller into the motherboard.

But, the only fan controllers that I've seen connected to the 3pin connectors ... But, the only machines I've installed them in have the connections on the case fans too.

Are you using the Fan controller that came with the Zalman?> I tried to use mine but when I turned it down so that the fan would be quieter and then tried to turn it back up the fan didn't respond so I had to shut down hella quick before it overheated. So I've never tried to use that Fan controller again

Come on people I need some info on a good fan controller for roughly 4 fans. One for the CPU both case fans and the GPU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom