Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilive138jp

Beta member
Well my CPU fan died yesterday, and I need a new one ASAP.

I got a dell dimension 4550, pretty old I know, and that's why i'm guessing the fan gave out.

I'm not much of a techie, at all, which explains why I'm posting here.

From what I read, dell has a weird fan set up or something like that, so I was wondering what fans would be work with it.

All suggestions are appreciated. Also, this is what it says on the dead fan if it helps..

JMD/DATECH
9232-12HBTL-2
DC 12V 0.85A

I have no idea what it means :p

you could also just talk to dell customer support, they should be able to help you out, and make sure that you get a fan that will work so you don't waste money and time by getting a fan that doesn't work.

big i sent you a pm so get back to me when you can!! thanks.

I looked on the dell site and the only fan they offered for my system is a refurbished one =\. Also, I heard if you don't get a fan made by dell that your computer will have an error because the dells fans are wired different?

you might, i don't think it would make that much of a difference, but dell does have a track record with their systems only being compatible with parts from dell. how much is the fan? cause if it isn't that expensive then go for it, cause there isn't anything wrong with a refurb, as long as it isn't overly expensive.

Like 15 bucks. Looking into getting it.

Although, any other ideas/suggestions would be appreciated from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom