External Or Internal Hard Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamillitary

Beta member
Hey I'm new here and i wanted to ask a question, could more than one internal hard drive be added to a computer or if i buy one will i be able to transfer all the music i have on the current one to the new one? because i bought a computer for $150 and it was a really great deal except the hdd only was 10gb so the space is so low now because of all the songs on it, and i have an ipod so yeah...or should i get an external hdd? which would u recommend...Gracias :cool:

Internal's are much cheaper and it should be no problem adding a second one. And, yes, no problem moving all your music to the new driver once it's installed.

External's are really useful for storing back-up data, but has slow access time. Internal's are cheaper and all around better for everyday use.

Ok

But if i install the new drive will it still have windows xp on it n everything im not a computer expert so i just wanna know if itll work properly since i dont got the windows xp disk...

ya, you dont need to install new WinXp in it .. all u need to do is put the new HD into Slave ( depends ur current setting),then format it ..woola a new storage space..

You can use any disk as external. All you need to buy is a 10-20 dollar enclosure.
I'd go with internal any time. It's faster and more reliable than USB or FireWire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom