External HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardmp92

Daemon Poster
Hello, can anybody recommend a good external HD (about 80 GB) that is plug and play USB and doesnt require an extra power cord. Would like to spend less than $100. Thank you.

buy the hdd and an enclosure seperate why such low amount of gb??? it seems pretty pointless to have one that small atleast get one 250gb to back up your internal hdd

buy the hdd and an enclosure seperate why such low amount of gb??? it seems pretty pointless to have one that small atleast get one 250gb to back up your internal hdd
Yep get a bigger one. you will need a power cord but flash drives which do not need power are not big enough.

Thanks all, want something that is small and transportable, dont want the extra cord to mess with...dont need something really big because I am just backing up my laptop at work (40GB HD).

DVD's would be more of a hassle...and blu-ray burners are $600+

I have a Maxtor 160GB,and I love it. It's corded tho, so it doesn't run off of USB power. Ext. HDD's are awesome tho. More space than a flash drive...and pretty transportable.

Need something I can back up and rewrite over every week. Dont want to spend that much and have lots of DVDs laying around, plus did not have good experience w/ re-writable DVDs and they dont store enough info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom