My recommendation would be to use your internal HDD for your games. This will assure that you are getting the maximum speed for the game.
You actually set drive access in the BIOS. However, I don't believe that using an external HDD will give you good game play.
- COOLER MASTER Wave Master TAC-T01-E1C Silver Case
- DFI LanpartyUT nF4 Ultra-D (BIOS = latest)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo 1GHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache
- OCZ 2GB (2 X 1024) DDR (500) PC-4000 EL Gold Gamer Ext. XTC (OCZ5002048ELGEGXT-K)
- OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX, BTX, EPS12V 520W
- XFX Geforce 7900 GTX 512MB (665/1630)
- HITACHI Deskstar 7K80 80GB 3.5\" SATA 3.0Gb/s x 2 (RAID)