External Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFFJamie

Baseband Member
Can anyone reccomend a good portable HD? I study multimedia design at Uni so need to be able to transport large video files to and from home :) I was looking at ebuyer.co.uk (needs to be UK) but there is so much to chose from, as far as I know, Seagate and WD are good names, but I am not sure, I need at least 40GB but anything for around £60/£70 is what I'm after, my mate says there are good ones on there......80GB for about £60. Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, and also, in comparison to this:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...fm=5&sm=0&tm=1&sku=721016&category_oid=-24880

I like that one because the slimmer, the better.....I don't want to have to carry something bulky, and I want a really easy one that I can just plug straight in to a PC or Mac without having to install anything if thats possible :)

rofl..funny....i got that exact same hd...it's a slow transfer rate...but it get's the job done i guess....wouldn't really reccomend for big vid files...but whateva u can afford is what really makes the ultimate decision

Thanks for your fb :)

I know, that one is only 5400 rpm, but a WD for that online price seemed a good deal.

From my limited knowledge of HD's, Seagate and WD seem to be the brands to go for, can anyone suggest a better option from ebuyer than that WD from PC world?

thanks.

CLICK

Can anyone tell me if thats any good? 8MB cach compared to most others which have 2MB :) and its a Seagate HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom