Experiences with Gateway Computers? Esp. shutdown problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgrne

Beta member
I can get a Gateway desktop computer with a core2 Quad 8200 procesor, 4GB RAM, 640 GB disk, plus some bells and whistles for a very low sale price at a local store. However, I have Googled for people's experiences with Gateway and have been finding lots of people who have had problems with both desktops and laptops shutting themselves down for no reason. This is a hard shutdown, not a crash. People suggest that it may be related to the power supply or maybe CPU heat issues, but I've never seen a definitive cause/solution posted. Has anyone here had any expereinces of this type with Gateway machines, and know what the cause(s) are? If it's just a power supply issue or weak fan issue due to cost cutting on the company's part, I could live with it - both those things can be easily replaced.

It's probably a lack of ventilation in a small case that's causing the cpu and or the power supply to overheat and shutdown. You could move it into a new case with a different power supply, but you'll still be stuck with a Gateway. I recommend saving up a little more cash and building yourself something to be proud of :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom