evga 1080ti black edition watercooling

kidmo87

In Runtime
Is anyone watercooling these gpus? im looking to watercool them, I have done it before with founders editions. I bought the backplates too (both waterblock and backplates from ek). When i was looking at a tutorial on how to do it, I found out a lot of people use the stock backplates. Anyone use stock backplates for the black edition? Just want to know if I can go without ek's backplates.
Thanks

EK's site shows the FE block is used on that card. Their site says the backplates don't work with these blocks but I made my TItan Xp plates work with a bit of ghetto. I personally like the Nvidia backplates more than EK's solid plates.

Yea, i saw that too. I figure if its the same backplate, it should work. But will i know it wont work by like the screws not fitting in? It wont have nothing to do with leaks either right?

Front left use screw from EK block, front right use screw and nut, rear right nothing, rear left (near power connectors) screw and nut. Then after you're done mounting the block you should have some bigger heatpads left, blue side up (take film off) and stick it behind VRM and close to GPU. Should all stay together like mine have after the heat stickies them up.

Back
Top Bottom