Everyday Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateCircle

Beta member
Hi I am planning on building a new computer within the next week or so and need some advice on choosing parts. I am not trying to build a top of the line gaming machine. Here's what I've chosen out so far:

CPU: Intel Pentium D 840 $99.99 after rebate
Motherboard: Abit SG80DC $50
Video Card: Diamond S120 Radeon 9550 $40 after rebate
HD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB $58.99 after rebate
Ram: 2 gig 3200ddr $146.99

So, that's what i got so far. All I need left is a power supply, case and a heatsink fan. Any suggestions? I saw a Ultra 400w power supply that was free after rebate. Would that be good enough and not kill my computer? I'm also kind of iffy about the motherboard. Do you think agp would suffice or is pci-e a must? don't know yet but most likely some random one thats around $30 or so. Anyways I'm trying to keep the cost around $500 or so and if you guys have any suggestions i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Fortron 450 Watt
Case doesn't matter so long as its cheap (in your case) and includes all needed fans.
Unless the CPU is OEM it should come with a heatsink, If not and your not overclocking any heatsink should do so long as its the right socket.
AGP is adequate.

AGP would suffice if you don't plan on upgrading, but getting a motherboard with PCI-Express is a must if you do plan on upgrading; AGP will slowly be phased out.

And I agree with Ste, the Fortron 450 watt PSU is a very quality power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom