is this is enough power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok so i have a pretty bad pc but im upgrading ti slightly just so it is still useable, it started with

1x 256MB RAM DDR
AMD athlon XP 1600 1.4Ghz
1 x 30GB HDD
1x DVD drive
1x ATI RADEON 7000 32MB GFX AGP
SOUND BLASTER PCI SOUND CARD
now it has

2x 256MB DDR RAM
WIRELESS ENTHERNET ADAPTER PCI
AN ADDED CDRW DRIVE as well as the DVD
and i was going to buy the ATI RADEON 7500 64MB AGP

but i noly have a 300wt PSU will this be anought to power all of that with the new GFX card? are there anyways i cna check?

That should be enough, on my old comp, I had an Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz, 512 mb of ddr ram, ATI Radeon 9250 256 MB, 1 x 40gb hd, 1 x 20 gb hd, 1 x cd burner, 1 x dvd reader, 1 x wireless pci adaptor, and I only had a 180w PSU, so yours should be fine.

if you have the money then get a better psu. 450 mim that is something the regulars here stress not to skimp on

tomc102968 said:
if you have the money then get a better psu. 450 mim that is something the regulars here stress not to skimp on

No offense, but unless you plan on any major part upgrades soon, that would be a complete waste of money. 300 watts is WAY plenty. I had a 250 watt power supply with a Celeron 2.93ghz, 512 mb RAM, Nvidia 5200, and DVD RW: and even that wasn't using all of the PSU. You must be completely brainwashed to think that such a basic computer would need a 450 watt PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom