Is this enough for a Media PC? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2007, 09:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to infiltrator7
Default Re: Is this enough for a Media PC?

Originally Posted by motoxer4533 View Post
No, your graphics card won't be able to run @ 1680x1050. Nor will an AGP 4x card.

And I highly doubt that your CPU will be able to do anything worthwhile, like TV Tuner.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it would be more wise to save a build new - you will be much happier.
I was just looking on newegg, and I can get a AGP 4X card that's max resolution is way over 1680X1050. I'm not gonna be gaming on it anyway, so it should do the job right? It was a FX 5500.

OK then, i'll build it if you guys can help me find a configuration that will be good as a media PC for under $450. I already have the gateway case that is ATX, so that should be fine. All i think i'll need is the RAM, Mobo, Processor, Video Card, 2 320gb or higher HDs (RAID 1), and a power supply (the one in there is only 200w).

If you're interested in joining a MOHAA clan, send me a PM.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On