Emachines W2888 Wont Boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That setup will work. If you have problems with signal strength for the wireless, there are a couple of tricks to try, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Nick, many problems are not just a single answer, but tend to grow into an interconnected mess. Hopefully cyclones has most of the answers he needs, but, if not, we're here to help.

Ok... Trotter.. Is it better to buy a new linksys router off of ebay for a cheaper price or buy it full retail for around $70?

There's not much out there for 478s anymore. You might try posting a "want to buy" thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

The only mobos left are not that great. Basically, you're rolling the dice.

Trotter!! If you are still around please send me a private message. I am in a similar boat as Cyclones (same PC mind you) and could really use someone like you to walk me thru the process. I'm not a novice but I'm not a PC expert either. I am a quick learner so once you tell me how to do something I'll got it. I am trying to replace my dead MoBo on my Emachines W2888. I have found several that meet my PC's specs on Ebay ranging from $30 - $100. I am not being picky about the brand or anything, I just need the PC to come back to life so I can retrieve the data I need. Please help, thank you Sir!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom