eMachines Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandiyan

In Runtime
I am going to be working on my sister in laws emachines PC tonight and think that the problem might be due to a blown power supply. She was working on the PC and all of a sudden it just turned off. The monitor stayed on but the PC will not turn back on and they have tried a new power cord. The replacement power supply for their unit I believe has the following specs

AC Input is switch selectable between 115V (100-120V) and 230V (200-240V).

DC Outputs
Voltage Max Current Min Current Max Ripple Load Line
+3.3V 12 A 0.3 A 50 mVpp +5% +1%
+5V 27 A 1.0 A 50 mVpp +5% +1%
+12V 17 A 0.2 A 120 mVpp +5% +1%
-12V 0.8 A 0.0 A 120 mVpp +5% +2%
+5VSB 2.0 A 0.0 A 50 mVpp +5% +1%
Notes: (1) Load and line refer to regulation, (2) Output Voltage Hold Time is 16mS.

I have a power supply that has never been used and is considerably more powerful then the one listed above. Would this pose a problem at all as long as it fits into the space? Thanks.

PS All the rails on the power supply that I have exceed what they are using except the +12V rail which mine only has 13A.

You'll probably be fine. 13A is okay as long as there's not much hooked up to it. I assume they've got 1 optical drive + 1 HD.

I am not sure what all they have on it but I would assume it would not be anything too advanced. One HD that I know of and I think a CD burner. Might be a DVD burner but not sure.

Also, if for some reason it is not the power supply the information that I have read on various sites seem to point to the motherboard. If it is the motherboard will the light on the motherboard light up as long as the PSU is working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom