eMachines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a certain major computer retailer and I've seen more eMachines (and many Dells for that matter) come back with problems after a couple of years than any other brand of pc. It might cost you a little bit more but I think that going to cyberpower/ibuypower/monarch is a much better option in terms of reliability than eMachines.

I bought an emachines that had a PCI-E slot and i've turned it into the computer in my sig. I have had no problems with it and it comes with very little preloaded crap that most other companies have, i.e. HP, Compaq, Dell. So emachines gets a thumbs up from me. BTW, i got one with the ATI Xpress 200.

Gee, Riceball, you've Frankensteined yours out more than I have mine.

Didn't realize that eMachines used MSI mobos. Mine is a FIC.

Trotter said:
Gee, Riceball, you've Frankensteined yours out more than I have mine.

Didn't realize that eMachines used MSI mobos. Mine is a FIC.

Yea i was definitely surprised to see that my mobo was an MSI. I was expecting some random lame company... I pretty much gave my rig a total makeover since i get money at random times (neighborhood work)

My cousin has a emachine and a dell, hates them both. the emachine always locks up or just shuts off and the dell will just shut off and you wont be able to turn it on for 30 minutes. but their both kind of old. i was goin to buy an emachine but then i decided to build my own. I dont mind either cuz i barely ever work on one. I like Sony VAIOs, only problems i have with it is it freezes when i try to update some stuff but thats only cuz of dumb norton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom