eMachines

Status
Not open for further replies.

xkbean

Solid State Member
ok i was wondering if emachines are good computers

i know that they are like intigrated everything but i wanted to know how emachines work form people who have owned them or know about them
so anyone info would realy help

emachines seems to be the most tolerable prebuilt machines. They tend to offer upgradability more than other companies. You're highly advised to build you own to save cash and get better products.

Ryan

well if you get the emachine with the integrated ati xpress 200, those arent so bad, they have pci-e, so thats a plus, and the onboard graphics card is 256 mb, mines not an emachine but its close to it... compaq, and it runs hl2 just fine, don't settle for a lower amd also, lowest i went was the 3500+, but you won't be disappointed.... well, not til later at least... i wasnt disappointed til i got to play with dual 7800 gtx 512 -_-

Usually the psu sucks, and they lock the bios. Thats pretty much the only reason emachines are bad, unless they rip out the PCIE-16 slots. That would suck :D.

Nosboost your sig is too big, 468*120 is the limit ;) dont want sigsanta to ban you from using a sig do you :)

My comp is an eMachine. Of course, I've changed it a bit since I bought it...

eMachines aren't bad at all. Like Pzero said, the BIOS is locked (as on every other pre-built machine). And the PSUs are lower powered (like on every other pre-built). So, unless you are into overclocking, or try to put in a massive graphicsc ard (you'd have to replace the PSU for the card), they are good.

At least eMachines are built with off-the-shelf parts, meaning you can replace them with any other brand.

With some of the set-ups eMachine has out there, it would be hard to build the same thing for the same money.

The only real disadvantage is the locked bios. everything else you can pretty much change to your liking. but why buy that when you could buy something from monarch

You can *cough* unlock the bios on some of these e-machinnes.

E-Machinnes is the second best pre-built company, next to some smaller one I cannot remeber the name of :/

as far as a prebuilt its good right
i dont like the idea of building my own and i most likley wont end up trying to do anything to it so with all that in mind would u recomend me buying one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom