E8500 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, the newer nVidia cards are starting to support DX10. When he mentioned PhysX, I figured he meant compared to Havok.

I was trying summarizing the conclusions off one of the "comparing nVidia's gtx 275 to ATI's 4890" articles, but I don't know enough outside the context of these articles to say anything else. In one article they were saying that nVidia will be pushing on games featuring PhysX while ATI will be pushing on games featuring DX10.1 (they then listed a few upcoming games I haven't heard of).

It's so easy to obsess about graphics cards. Especially right now when all these reviews are coming out comparing the 4890 and gtx275. Both cards definitely have their merits and conclusions vary across the different articles. I'm going to try and see how long I can hold out before committing to a card, I know the longer I wait the better off I'll be, but we'll see how I do with that :D

Well, my rig is up and running and is very nice. I ended up buying the parts from Microcenter and the prices were pretty good. I ended up with:

E8400 - $150
ga-ep45-ud3p - $145
OCZ 4GB PC-6400 DDR2 - $48
Dark Knight - $60

I definitely over-payed for the Dark Knight, but I thought the CPU/Mobo were pretty reasonable ($20 rebate on mobo, and the CPU overclocks well). I had a bad experience trying to get this stuff from NewEgg, so I canceled the order and bought this stuff from Microcenter all in the same day :D

I'm probably going to return the RAM and buy some that I can overclock a bit more with.

You guys were right about Vista-64, everything just works. I had my browser and e-mail client up with all of my settings etc (I just copied the profiles from the XP drive over and the mozilla apps worked great). iTunes is working great. I still have just a few things left to bring over.

I think I want to get a GTX 285 video card, but I want to see if the prices will come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom