E8400 Wolfdale Motherboard Suggestions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
This isn't for me, but a friend. He lives in England and wants to upgrade from his current 939 system. He wants the E8400 Wolfdale (it is what he wants; it's his money) and asks for suggestions for a motherboard.

I am woefully void of knowledge on what motherboards would work with this 45nm processor. Here are a few of his parameters:

1. He doesn't/won't overclock.

2. He doesn't want SLi or Crossfire.

3. He needs something rock stable; no need for all the extras or the tweaking. Stock will do him fine.

Basically he wants to game but has little practicle PC knowledge and that is why steady as she goes is so important.

Thanks.

The Gigabyte EP35 is a decent motherboard, but I don't know of sites to buy them in England. You can look into the EP43 and EP45 too if you want from Gigabyte. Biostar makes the T43 and T45 which are nice as well.

The Gigabyte EP35 is a decent motherboard, but I don't know of sites to buy them in England. You can look into the EP43 and EP45 too if you want from Gigabyte. Biostar makes the T43 and T45 which are nice as well.

Yeah, it is hard being in the states and trying to help him "over there." They even designate the boards differently (slightly) in the title. i was thinking of Biostar and I'll look into that for him.

By the way, thanks for the input. What is the difference betwqeen a T43 and a T45?

P45 or P43 you mean

Since your brother is on a budget and has no need for all that stuff.. a G33 or G35 uATX board is really enough

Heh, I did mean P43/P45. But for Biostar, they have their label as TP43... or TP45....

But along the G line, the G31 isn't a bad mother board either. I was just a fan of the EP35 line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom