Dymo printer install in Windows XPE - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Dymo printer install in Windows XPE

HP ThinClient t5630 - brand new, clean image installed from HP
1GB model
Dymo Label Writer 400

I cannot get the dymo label writer to install on this new thin client. I have tried every available driver from Dymo's site and also contacted their support line regarding this, they told me that they do not support XPE, and that it will not work. but I am having a hard time believing that this printer just will not work with XPE.

When i attempt to install it, it almost finishes the install and then it just abruptly ends with no real error message, just says it cannot finish the install, and the install quits.

We do have this same printer connected and running on our older thin clients, which are NeoWare Neoterms with XPE, and they are 256, 512 and 1gb models. what is possibly the difference in build between the two systems?

I also contacted HP support on this, and they did not have an answer for me, they said that there is no way for them to make every printer work with the thin clients, and that if the drivers on Dymo's site do not work, that there is nothing they can do for me.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!!!
Closed Thread