Dying Mobo, looking to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack9t99

Beta member
Alright, I've read over a bunch of posts and haven't seen anything that was close enough to my case that helped.

One of the SATA slots on my motherboard is dead and I have two SATA harddrives. I'm going to have to replace it but I'd like to upgrade instead. Here's my current build. It's an alienware that I've upgraded slightly.

Motherboard: Intel D875PBZ 800Mhz fsb
Chipset: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
Ram: 1Gb SD DDR Ram
Video Card: ATI Radeon X800 256Mb
HD 1: Seagate Barracuda 80Gb
HD 2: Western Digital Caviar 250Gb

As of right now, I'm looking mostly to upgrading my motherboard and processor. I can't decide what to go with however. Obviously I play games with my computer. My budet is flexible but I'm looking more for the best bang for my dollar. It doesn't have to be top of the line upgrade but I don't want to rule that out entirely either.

If you think that I should consider upgrading my vid card instead I'll consider that as well. But as I said before, the motherboard has to go one way or another and I can't find the same one anywhere for less than $350. (Which is ridiculous considering it's about 4 years old now)

Any and all insight on this would be much appreciated. Also any websites that would help my research is also appreciated.

I thank you in advance.

-Zack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom