in dyer need of some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerotolerance

Baseband Member
I just set up my old computer for my dad and i plugged everything in, did a clean install of windows home ed and everything...i ran into some problems which involved system32\ntorskl.exe or whatever (google this if your curious) but i found a solution to that problem.
Problem #1) However, when i finished the installation the computer boots up with the grey status bar at the bottom of the screen before the windows xp logo appears.
#2) everytime i install a new program the computer seems to reboot automatically right before i get to the welcome screen, i might have fixed this but i would still like some input if youve heard of this.
#3) My asus mobo came with onboard sound and in the device manager everything is working properly, but no sound is working when i play something with media player. I tried going to asus support site to install drivers for Realtek AC'97 but didnt help.

I am very confused with all of this because this was my old computer about 5 months ago and it was working smooth for me. I am wondering if there is a problem with the hard drive or something. I desperately want some advice on my situation. As many posts as possible would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom