DX10 video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapien

Beta member
Do DX10 video cards run DX9 games faster? Like, let's say there are 2 PCI-Express cards with the same clock speeds, number of pipelines, and whatnot... but one can run DX9 while the other one can run DX10. Which would be better for DX9 games.

Currently the DX10 plays DX9 games great, regardless. Plus you're ready to play DX10 games, if you have Vista.

When Crysis comes out, would XP still use directX9.0? Does that mean that we need vista to get the full benefit of the new directX10 graphics.

Crysis is coded with DX9 compatibility. But you won't get the full graphical features from DX10.

How much GPU do you think we'll need to play Vista. I know someone who bought an 8800GTX just to play it, yet still has a P4?!

To play Vista? I think you meant, to use Vista? Any graphic card will do, to use Vista. It's just a matter of how much RAM.

To play Vista? I think you meant, to use Vista? Any graphic card will do, to use Vista. It's just a matter of how much RAM.

i think he meant to play on vista, but u need like 2gb ram, so u don't get sluggish performance, but a P4 w/ a 8800gtx, is the ultimate bottleneck.....

My P4 was a large wallblock for my 8800gtx. It wasn't until I upgraded to a c2d that things started becoming more gtx-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom