dvi to component question

Status
Not open for further replies.
take a close look at the 2 plugs they are different types. Specifically look at the male left side with a little extra action that is incompatible with the female part.

They won't fit, there are different kinds of dvi plugs, just because it's dvi doesn't mean that it will fit. There's DVI-I, DVI-D, DVI-A, etc.

Go to newegg and take a look at the picture of the adapter plugs and the motherboard dvi socket closely. You'll see that it won't fit.

Yeah I see what you mean now its missing the 2 holes above and below the flat part on the motherboard, Idiotic foxconn just use the most adaptable standard would be the logical choice but no!!! DVI-A is analogue DVI-D is digital and DVI-I is interlaced
You want a DVI-D cable with ports like this
dvi-d.jpg

I think you will find thats because you need a converter ;) your tv only accepts analogue you gfx chip only does digital so you would need a converter which is expensive £90 here. You could try an xga box but I am not certain it would work so if you do go down that route by locally from a store with a good return policy just incase it doesn't.

I can get a video card with s-video out and use that but the quality will be way more degrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom