DVI cable for GTX 560ti to Acer P215h

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
Basic and simple question. I need a DVI cable to go from my GTX 560ti to my Acer P215h monitor. I am currently using a VGA converter but I need the VGA cable for another monitor and I need to get a DVI cable anyways. I am just not sure about which cable I need. I don't know what the different kinds are/mean as far as "-D", "-A", "-I", single-link vs dual-link. I went to RadioShack and they wanted $35 for a 6 foot cable and I wasn't even sure it would work right and I wasn't about to spend that much money on one.

In the manual it looks like it is a DVI-D dual-link and says "connect the 24-pin DVI cable" but I just want to make sure I get the right one. On the specs page for the 215 it says "DVI-D Input (DVI w/HDCP), DVI-D Input + HDMI(w/HDCP)" but on the specs for the 215h it says "VGA DVI (w/HDCP) HDMI (w/HDCP)". I am pretty confused.

Screenshot from the manual:

Acer P215 DVI by Fairfield Falcons Fan, on Flickr

I just need a 6-ft cable and both Newegg and Amazon are fine. Thanks in advance!

DVI-D and DVI-I will work fine when just normal DVI is required (the opposite is not true).

DVI-D would be the "normal" one, I guess, since it's primarily a digital connector.

Summary of DVI:
DVI-D is digital only, DVI-A is analog only (and rare), and DVI-I is both. There are dual-link versions of DVI-D and DVI-I, which means you can can transfer two video feeds at once.

So yeah, you'll want DVI-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom