DVD-Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddi

Baseband Member
Hey Guys,

After reading this forum for the past 2 weeks, I finally decided to register an account. You guys are extremely helpful to the people that post here looking for computer builds or new parts, so I thought maybe I should take a shot at getting some help with my problem.

I'm looking for a good DVD Burner for this computer. It is almost 4 years old now and it cannot keep up with current games, so I'm just using it to watch movies. Currently, I have a CD-RW drive so I have no experience with DVD Drives whatsoever.

Recently, I've researched some models online and I've learned about the "Dual-Layer" and the "Light-Scribe" technologies. I know that the DVD-Drive that I will buy will have to include the Dual-Layer technology. However, I am deciding not to invest into the Light-Scribe technology because I've found out that the drives that have it are more expensive and you need to buy DVD media that supports LS, which is also more expensive.

Can somebody suggest some good DVD-Burner models for me to buy? I am also asking you guys to tell me what DVD media I should buy that will work well with the drive (preferably in quanties of 50). Also, I live in Canada and it would be nice if you guys gave me a link to a site that ships here, because I've been to newegg.com, only to realise that they do not ship to Canada.

Thanks for all your help guys,

Diddi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom