Dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

moreira85

Beta member
I have an Atholon AMD that has a cd player and burner in 1. it does not have a dvd player or dvd burner. I noticed that under my cd player there is clip that (I assume) is for adding a dvd player which was put there by the guy who built my PC. If I buy a dvd burner can i just place it in the slot and plug it into the clip in order to make it work or is it more complicated. Can I burn DVDs if i install the dvd burner without having a dvd player in the computer?? Or do they make dvd burners that are also dvd players in one. I am new to the building and appreciate any help.

If you have another 5.25" Drive Bay(same slot size as your cd burner) on your case, then you can mount another drive there.

You still have to check your motherboard and see if you have any free ide slots.

Also, you have to check the jumpers on the devices when installing.

A dvd burner is able to read and write dvd/cd. Dvd rom can only read dvd/cd.

thanks a lot, i do have another slot available and i am going to add a dvd burner. I have a slave open on the ide so i will be able to add the burner there. what is a jumper????? I was wondering since i will have a cd rom and now a dvd writer that can also burn dvd's and read them how can i burn a dvd if it is read and written off the same drive??? can I download dvd's from online??

Jumpers are pins at the back of the drive that you set the drive to either master/slave/or cable select.

If you want to directly copy a dvd disk then your going to need another drive that reads while another drive burns.

If you can copy the dvd disk to your hard drive, then burn you could do that. But you might need some software to do it, probably do to protection and security.

I'm not sure about the dvd's from online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom