dumb DX10 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
if i were to get a 7900 or a cheaper 7950 card would I be able to get DX10 on it? also does DX10 only work with Vista don't know where i read it just wondering thanks

you will be able to get dx10 but there will be no point as the card will only shade with dx9 shaders and im pretty sure its only for vista

no...it won't be able to run dx10....you will need a dx10 card. Its a hardware conflict...the dx9 are not designed hardware wise for dx10, which means its impossible to run dx10 on a dx9 card.

You don't need a dx10 card to run vista either: vista requirements

edit: sry i misunderstood your post...you don't need vista to have dx10....look at this link at the bottom for system requriments: evga 8800gtx

ok one more question so DX10 can play DX9 right? and DX9 can't play DX10 obviously, also do all games work for Vista cause I have some older games that I still play would I still be able to play them on vista? thanks again for all your help

HAVOC2k5 said:
Vista is at least 1-2 years away for being a decent OS. Forget about Vista and stick to XP. If you don't agree, your just wrong.

or you can move over to linux.

I am not going to get vista until maybe summer or the year after next to be on the safe side cause Microsoft has been known for their bugs in the programs, so just wait until then ok dude before worrying about DX10, only if you want to play Crysis that bad the only game so far that requires DX10 to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom