Dual screen setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
just a few quick questions, is having 2 screens (another one to match my new 22") a pain ? because of the gap in the middle for normal gameing/desktop use?

and the other is can you assign things like games to one screen ? and your desktop to ther other ? because i regularly want to game on my PC and go on MSN and the internet.

P.S. to do what i mentioned above... does it hammer ur ram/cpu/gpu ?, also, cudnt find anywere to post it. Link if theres a proper section.

Thanks.

Dual screens is just that, dual screens. Unless you go in and tell it to treat both screens as one big screen which i dont care for. Right now i have a 24" for my main and a 20" for my other programs like Trillian, coretemp, firefox, etc.

A guy at work had 2 screens 'linked' so you can drag from one through to the other. Works really well, doesn't feel annoying. Great if like me, you always have 5 matlab figures, 3 matlab windows, several excel sheets, firefox, thunderbird, winamp, open folders....

I did have a play around with this on my home computer, but had a lot of trouble with getting my second VGA through a DVI converter into a DVI screen. It looked rubbish. I'd advise having a GPU with 2 of the same outputs.

Thanks. They will both be the same monitor, and my GPU (X1950Pro) has 2 DVI Outs. So it is possible do drag my whole desktop onto one screen and a game on the other ... ? Because if i can that'd be super.

Even if i cant, it would still be SO Usefull, having about 11Msn coversations, 17 or 18 lots of internet explorer open ( i dislike IE7 and firefox) a game, limewire, and itunes running makes it very hard to use it all with ease.

Thanks, so how would i drag a game to one ? or does it auto reasign to one
of them ? is that set up in the span mode or whatever it is ?

Sorry about all the questions, just makeing sure spending £200 on a new monitor would be a good thing for me. Because of course theres also other things like PS3, 360, and PC games, pc upgrades etc etc :cool: However just haveing it for my PS3 would be usefull, keep my PS3 plugged into this one, and then if necassary (All of the time :p) I can stay on my PC whilst on PS3 :)

Windows XP allows you to set one monitor as the primary monitor which is the one on which applications start, as well as the one on which the logon screen appears.

You can also get a program called UltraMon which gives extra features (though it's not freeware).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom