Dual Monitors - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2006, 05:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Dual Monitors

Hi guys! This is my first time I'm posting in this forum which I have a few questions would like to ask. Basically, I'm using a LCD monitor with an ATI Radeon X700 graphics card at present, however I still have my old CRT monitor here (in quite good condition) which I don't want to waste it. Therefore I'm thinking of using them both on my PC.

Now the questions are, how can you check whether your display card supports dual monitors or not? And if it does support, do I just plug them both in my graphics card (the DVI and the other port) in order to use them? And also, any settings need to be done?

Thank you very much in advance!

Old 08-15-2006, 06:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

well if you have 2 ports on your video card then your card supports dual monitors.. i'm pretty sure anyways...

then you would just go to desktop and right click >> properties >> settings and play around there and see if you can get dual monitor.. anyways i'll let someone who actually knows that they're talking about help you out
"Is virtue a thing remote? I wish to be virtuous, and lo! Virtue is at hand." -Confucius
Closed Thread