Dual Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJCLAND

Beta member
I have 2 hard drives both with xp pro on them and i want to be able to choose at startup which Hard drive to work from, can someone please help me I am at my wits end

When your computer is starting up, go into your BIOS settings, and go to startup. Choose the hardrive you want to use and exit. As far as I know, that is the only way to do it, it is a pain doing that constantly, but it works.

they should see each other and give u a start up option of which one if not do a repair on one of them and they should see each other.then it will give you a screen after your bios post asking which os to use.

hard drive label

Well after about pulling whats left of my hair out, i found the problem, i felt like i was having a hardware problem and after inspecting the jumper setting closely i notice that on the actual board of the hard drive were the jumper settings, and they were differant from the label on hard drive, the label was upside down...so i had been having to master drives the whole time, thanks for the speedy reply...if anyone else is having this problem you can see the settings (in xp) by going to

contol panel-system-advanced-startup and recovery settings-system start up-edit and it should look like this...

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Chris" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Office" /fastdetect

the names inside qoutes can be set to anything you would like to call the drives......Thanks again this forum is the shiznit btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom