Dual Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
A dual core 2.6 ghrt costs 230 australian dollars and a celeron is like 120 Aud,

I know that dual core obviously means faster but how compared to a standard CPU

Wat would the equivalent be of 3.0Ghrt dual core be in standard CPU terms?

thx lea0001

the 805 isn't the greatest of processors unless you do a lot of multi-threaded work like video encoding or overclock the crap out of it. although if you are comparing it to a 3.0ghz celeron i would take the pentium D 805 over that. you can get far better prices than $230 for the 805 as well. it averages about $200 from what i've seen. at nintek.com.au you could get the pentium D 830 which is 3.0ghz for $299. you can't really equate dual cores to single core processes because they have certain advantages. for instance an x2 3800+ (2.0ghz dual core) can perform as far as 8x better than an FX-57 (2.8ghz single core) in certain multi-tasking situations. in gaming and single threaded applications dual cores perform basically the same as an equivelantly clocked single core except with far better multi-tasking ability. in multi-threaded applications like video encoding and some games dual cores anhialate single cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom