Dont know where to put this

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielle

Solid State Member
Ok so...
The previous network admin blew out with all the passwords, I got them all except for the hp laptop and he refuses to give it to me. ItÂ’s a BIOS password. Does anyone know, will CmosPwd work because I know laptops have advanced security, or do I have to get the security chip replaced?

its not the security chip, you have to pull the keyboard out, and then get the battery out for 2 mins+, and it will wipe out the password on the CMOS. ** you battery may as well be somewhere else, but most of the time its under the keyboard.

I dont want to break it though, Its not mine. Do you think it will be ok for me to do that?

normally its not dificult, as when laptop gets repaired, the keyboard is the first part to be opened, and its not that difficult, on looking closely, you'll see clips/latches on either lower side or upper side pressing them will open the clips to open the keyboard. if not sure, better ask for some expert's help

Sounds a bit dodgey why would you want to remove the admin password o a computer that doesn't belong to you???

so he stole it, so what! also, i heard that the battery trick sometimes doesn't do the job, not sure if it will in this case, try it, i doubt it will break anything.

i didnt steal it, its my works. The guy who's place i took wont give us the password. He said if we want to pay him he'll come in and unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom