dont have AGP slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr34ky

!!GAMER!!
I dont have a AGP slot. would i have to get a motherboard or
what, i kinda dont know anything. I have a dell 2400 want to rebuild it.
but i cant put any graphic card cuase of this problem. Yeah the 2400 is the poopiest computer ever made but i have a limited budjet . Ill be adding 1gb ram and all the good stuff.

If you replace the mobo, you'd have to buy one from Dell, because they use their own formfactor. You would probably need a new PSU, also a Dell compatible, because their PSUs are proprietary. Did I mention that they overprice their parts like nuts?

You could probably build a new budget machine for about $500 that would be better than your Dell could ever be.

Yeah the 2400 is the poopiest computer ever made but i have a limited budjet

Yeah okay buying a Dell was a mistake (prehaps your parent's mistake) but Im currently running a 700mghz Gateway from 1999. It's true that mass marketers like Dell and Gateway don't build them like they used to and this computer has served me well, but I can only get 20 FPS max in CS, not CS:S mind you, CS. My GFX Card? A NVIDIA TNT2. I told a guy on a CS server what my video card was, do you know what he said? "What?" He had no idea what it was. You could be much worse off I can tell you that.

Now that I've had my spill, I would just like to say everyone on this fourm will probably tell you to start from scratch as the cost (and frustration) of rebuilding a pre-packaged proprietary machine like yours is not worth it.

yep

yeah I wasnt expecting to start from scracth, but the more i looked into it I relized that is what i gonna have to do.thanks for your
help and oh yeah my dad is a tite-wad, thats funny how you guessed

oh also i have a 700 mghz compaq from 1999 wanna know something sad its faster than my dell.it also has an Athlon which i always like better than this p4 in my dell. Its totaly true they dont make them like
they use to. but isnt everything like that.

yeah ill be building a new system, sure i would like some sugesstions
but now ill have to work out a new budget in all the good stuff. I probaly plan a 3-month build. every post i open on this forum teaches me something new. But yeah suggestions would be awesome thanxs
again.

ill probaly start with the big stuff and go down from there.
like the processor, AMd or Intel
I gave noticed that AMd have a lower gig rate then intel like
most were around 2 gigs and most intel were around 3 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom