Does anyone have the GeForce 8800 GT 512MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. LL

In Runtime
I just bought the 8800GT and am waiting for it, I read the Tom's hardware review and was very impressed with it's performance for the price.

I am a little scared of new hardware though and was just wondering if anyone has been running this card and how it has worked out for you?

Some people have bought it and they say that it runs better than their old cards. I personally haven't but I can say that you won't be disappointed.

That's what I am hoping. From what I have read it beats the GTS models and comes close (sort of) to the GTX (?) cards.

I opted for a PNY card rather than a BFG card, I don't know if there is much of a difference.

if the clocks are 600/900 it is a reference card and they are exactly the same.
if you dont have good airflow make sure you load rivatuner and up the fan speed. it gets stuck on 30% for some reason and wont increase unless the card hits over 100*C. which is friggin retarded.

Is the fan bug a problem with the NVidia drivers or is it related to a specific card brand?

Is the fan bug a problem with the NVidia drivers or is it related to a specific card brand?

It is a minor (adjustable) issue with all the 8800 GT brands (to my knowledge), Nvidia sets the fan at 30 degrees and it wont go higher until the card is practically melting...lol, but installing and running Rivatuner will fix that for you, its just how they designed the card for some reason. Go figure...

And hmammen Im just curious what kind of driver issues you are having with your 8800 GT? What brand is it? Im just waiting on mine to arrive, but I know a lot of my friends are not having driver issues with their cards...

I have 2 cards, have had them since the 2nd of november and have had 0 issues with them. It stomps my GTS 320. The only problem i am having right now is with vista 64 and running 3 cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom