Does amd 7750 kuma black edition come with fan/heatsink!!!?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
Ordered one like 3 days ago, and i thought it came with a stock fan/heatsink (off of newegg). ive read in places that it doesn't come with one?
i know they didn't put one in that 2.8 ghz brisbane one, but i didn't see a bunch of negative reviews for the kuma about not having a heatsink, so i assumed it came with one. DOES IT??!?

if no, what heatsink/coolant should i get? arctic silver?

has anyone else bought this? did you get a fan/heatsink in the box??????

thanx in advance for fast reply

wait, nevm, there are a few references to "stock cooler" whew...

i would get the cooler first.

the heatsink/fan that comes with the 7750 is rubbish.after all the readings i have read on that hs, 40C is your idle on average.
altho it will work, i dont recommend using it.

any aftermarket cooler (sunbeam being nice and cheap) will lower that temp down to 25C or below.

my rubbish gigabyte 3DRocket II ran it @ 24C

rubbish=horrid=horrible=bad=(insert word here)

i would get the cooler first.

the heatsink/fan that comes with the 7750 is rubbish.after all the readings i have read on that hs, 40C is your idle on average.
altho it will work, i dont recommend using it.
I don't think that's a normal temperature, even for the stock cooler. They were more than likely running it in a hot room, and/or didn't replace the stock thermal paste (which can make a significant difference)

Well he could also get an Arctic Freezer Pro 64 or Rosewill RCX-Z940....

It keeps my X2 4600+ 90nm at 29 degrees idle

The heat sink that came with the X2 7750+ is rubbish. The stock heat sink my brothers are using on their X2 4000+ seems like a better quality heat sink.

The heat sink that came with the X2 7750+ is rubbish. The stock heat sink my brothers are using on their X2 4000+ seems like a better quality heat sink.
There are two types of stock heatsinks AMD have used for a long time, as far as I'm aware. The ones with copper heatpipes, and the solid aluminium ones.
the aluminium ones I've found are adequate for the CPU's other than the high-end ones. The ones getting close to 125W TDP would do better with better thermal paste, but only the 125W TDP ones really need the copper heatpipe one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom