Which do I need to upgrade more?

I'm not sure if you do; but dont feel bad about it. Next time hold on to your $$'s and look around. Shop online. Question things and shop for the best price.

Did you buy the system pre used and second hand or brand new from a shop or online retailer.

My first PC was a 300Mhz Cirix with 32 Meg of memory and built in GPU. I paid £600 and was happy at the time I got a free printer with it.

It how we learn unfortunately.

If you have $200, get the sub $100 GPU and put the extra to an SSD because this wil give the System longevity and also the CPU I think I saw FM2+ Socket so you havent got much room to maneuver.

what about the rx 470?

Do you have the Connections on the Power supply to support the GPU. What is your PSU?

The 1050ti will be best like PP said but going down the road of an RX that will need dedicated power unless you have the PSU for it. It will be no use.

Graphics.

Any good gaming machine will need a GPU & from what I can tell, the GPU is integrated in too the CPU it self.

Can I ask, do you have an SSD, if your wanting speed, and especially performance you'll need a half decent SSD.

Even a low end GPU dedicated card will be much better than anything built in or on board.

I'm looking at CPU Boss as I'm posting this and if your willing to over clock, then you'll get a bit more out of the Chip.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500412

Try that link above and if you wish, put the rest of the money too an SSD if you dont have one.

The 1050ti is a good start. Hope you didn't pay much for that PC.

The reason I linked that is because its a sub $100 GPU and its a 1050, I was thinking you could put the rest of the money to an SSD. If the system has 16 GB of RAM, thats more than enough even at high setting that will cope.

Do you have the Connections on the Power supply to support the GPU. What is your PSU?

The 1050ti will be best like PP said but going down the road of an RX that will need dedicated power unless you have the PSU for it. It will be no use.
How do i check the PSU?

How do i check the PSU?

You'll need to open the Case up and check the physical connections. Check to see if its Modular, or Semi Modular PSU.

Look for x4, x6, individual Pin connections that will be used to connect to the Graphics Card.

Typically thees are square block connections that Plug and play in to the GPU from the PSU it self. Their may be a number of thees.

If you can. Have a look for the Information on the side of the PSU. Such as Brand, Wattage, or make or manufacture.

If you purchase a dedicated GPU that needs a dedicated Power Supply and you actual PSU it self does not have it, you've waisted you money so you need to check.

ok will do im going out so will reply in about 1-2 hours

I cant find anything online for this specific model brand PSU. I've looked at the individual web site for this and done some Google searches so I'm guessing it could be a standard ATX 400W PSU.

Stick with the 1050ti.

Last edited:
I cant find anything online for this specific model brand PSU. I've looked at the individual web site for this and done some Google searches so I'm guessing it could be a standard ATX 400W PSU.

Stick with the 1050ti.
will it work with 400W, and I found this processor:
AMD FX-6350 Vishera 6-Core 3.9 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W FD6350FRHKHBX Desktop Processor with AMD Wraith Cooler

will the 1050 and this work well together? and will my pc handle it?

No this processor is not compatible with your computer. Its a different socket.

A Processor Socket is a key component in deciding the overall build options when you see people building new PCs. The socket is self is a Physical Specification for the CPU Chip and that is a different socket all together.

The Chip, or CPU you have is a FM2+ Socket. The Chip or CPU is AM3+ ..

You can over clock the chip you have as the Chip is unlocked.

The 1050 and an SSD is about the best you'll get if you stick to the $200 price range.

EDIT:

Hear:

http://cpuboss.com/cpu/AMD-A6-7400K

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom