do I have enough power

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
I want to get a 7900 and I have 420W power supply and one of my friends said that isn't going to be big enough what do you think?

look at the vid card's manufacturer's website and check the minimum requirements... i highly doubt the 420watt will have enough power... but wattage isn't the only thing to look at, also look at the amperage on the 12V rail..you'll need 26.. yours probbaly has less than 20.

I know different cards differ, but the evga ones I beleive need a 450watt of higher psu as well as 20+ amps on the 12v rails like turtile said

a better psu will provide more power so if you plan to overclock later it wont be much of a problem

ok I will upgrade that but how hard is it to change the psu? on a scale of 1-10 1 easy 10 hard what would you say thanks I just wanna know if i could do it or if I should have someone else do it for me

A PSU isn't hard to install, maybe a 2 or 3 if your a beginner. You could do it yourself, but if you want to feel safe you could have someone else do it. Just don't pay anyone to do it, because it is pretty simple.

could you tell me any good ones that would run it fine and I wouldn't have to worry about for a while thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom