DJ laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelude92

Baseband Member
Hi guys! been a while since i posted a topic. I am looking in to purchasing a Dj ready laptop.. my threshold like many ppl is money.. i want a laptop that can be dj ready for mixing at party's or to create mixes..
i figured any ordinary laptop can do this.. it's the program that will do the magix. so when considering a laptop for this application. i think these are factors that will influence my decision on a laptopl

-processor
-ram (expandability)
-Hd Size
-Connection ports..

any thing i may be missing? thx guys.. TF rox! :)

what kinda applications are you gonna use? if its simple SoundForge, then any laptop will do, for using Adobe Audition, Qbase, and similar applications, higher specs will be required.

what about ports connections? rca? a entry lvl program for mixing music and will allow me to put effects in to the songs. nothing major. im just starting to get into this and want to get some of the basics down on a high-tech levl. :p

i dont think there'll be any special port required other than Serial/USB/parallel/ as these are universal ports for the communication with external devices. and these will be used. i'm 90% sure it'll be serial port for any device, or may be USB and Firewire would have emerged as well.

if your are on a budget and need dj software then i sudgest mixxx it can be installed on all good OS's mixxx.sourceforge.net
but if your not on a budget then i will sudgest Fruity Loops but its a bit pricy www.flstudio.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom