Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshC

Baseband Member
I got all the parts for my new computer this morning and I believe connected everything properly. I turned the computer on for the first time and the BIOS screen came up. I pressed enter or something like that so that it would continue. A screen came up saying Verifying DMI Pool Data. After a second it gives me the message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter." I have the Windows XP disk inserted into the DVD drive and have hit enter. I have done this many times. Any time I hit enter, it sounds like the hard-drive runs for a split second. I have gone into the BIOS and set the CDROM drive to boot first and it still does not work. Is my DVD drive messed up (The light does come on and it opens and closes)? Or do I have to change some other setting? Does anybody have any ideas? Please help...

hmmm...... go into the BIOS and instead of making cd-rom the first boot priority make it IDE-1 if you have it. The BIOS may be not reconizing it as a cd drive so it automaticly changes it to an unknown device on whatever IDE port it is on.

I just noticed that when I go into my BIOS, that my DVD drive is not listed anywhere. When the IDE Channel controller comes up, it has my HD listed as Channel 6, but my drive isnt there? Could it for some reason not be picking it up?

Also, my BIOS will not allow me to select IDE-1. It does not have that as an option.

Well I got it working. I'm not sure what the problem was tho. I hooked my drive up the the IDE-2 connection and it is booting. Thanks for the input tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom