Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

navidw

Solid State Member
Okay.....So this is like my 6th computer im building and i have never encountered this problem before. Let me start off by giving my system specs:

Abit KN8-SLI Mobo
AMD 64 3700
Coolmax 450 Watt PS
1 gig PQI 3200 DDR RAM
MSI Geforce 7600
WD 200gig HD
NEC CD/DVD RW

The problem already started when i booted up the PC, the system would hang after the power on self test, while it was detecting the IDE Drives. It detected the HD on IDE Channel 1 as Master, and the NEC on the second IDE Channel at NEC Slave. After it detects the IDE Channels, the system proceeds to hang again for about a minute, and then it boots of the CD-ROM to install windows XP. I formatted the HD fine and everything, but during XP installation the system would hang for about a minute or so at times. When the system hangs u can basically hear the fans slowing down, and the PC basically going into an idle state. And after about a minute the fans start up again and the system conitnues wut its doing.

So i kept going, cause i had this system hang problem before on the same system im building but with different parts. Before i had teh DFI Lanparty Mobo & another 200 gig WD that i sent back because i thought they were defective due to this problem. But now it turns out that the componenets were fine, and im getting the same problem with these new componenets.

So XP installed fine and it loaded windows and everything, and when i went to restart after istalling the AC'97 audio driver, the system hung at the IDE detection screen again, and the it proceeded to hang at the Boot from CD-ROM screen (even though there was no CD in the CD-ROM). After waitinng about 1 minute and a half the System Disk Boot Failure message came up, and this is the same message i got with the DFI Lanparty mobo & the WD HD i had.

I suspected the hang came from a lack of power from the PS, so i hooked up an even stronger PS, but that did the same thing. So i know its not he PS!!!

I highly suspect it to be something with the IDE concerning the HD and the CD-ROM. But i dont know how to fix this.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom