DirectX 10 that big a deal right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info everyone.

Is there any chance the 8800 GTS s going to go down in price soon from new hardware being released or anything like that? I really would like the 8800, it's just the price.

I'm still confused if DX10 is really that big a deal right now, will most new games not use it that much or will all the games start taking advantage of it soon?

Thanks for the info everyone.

Is there any chance the 8800 GTS s going to go down in price soon from new hardware being released or anything like that? I really would like the 8800, it's just the price.

I'm still confused if DX10 is really that big a deal right now, will most new games not use it that much or will all the games start taking advantage of it soon?

You're not getting the picture... DX10 just so happens to come with the best cards. It's not like theres a bunch of "better dx9 cards" out there. If there was a DX9 "7900GTRSXT" that was like twice as fast as an 8800GTS, this whole calamity would be a relevant one, because you'd have to downgrade performance for a dx10 card...

But there isn't a faster dx9 card... and new games, in general, require the performance that really only the newer cards can provide. It's just a fact of life that best cards have dx10. So if you build new, and need the graphics umph... (you will, trust me) then by default you pretty much should get a dx10 card because they smoke the dx9 cards.

I'm playing TF2 with my GTS and it's only getting around 65-70 average on what I call "good settings". The game isn't DX10, but if I bought a DX9 card, I'd be struggling with TF2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom