Direct x ten and video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBuilder

Solid State Member
im new, and considering a new video card. I havent read much on dx10, and i was wondering if some1 would clue me in on it. Im not sure if this is in the right section.

DirectX 10 will be released with Vista.

any games using directx 10 should be able to play in directx 9 mode you will just lose any DX10 features.

The directx 10 graphics cards are out later this year and early next year.

Well many thanks. i was reading up on c2d processors in a magazine, and im not getting a Extreme c2d processor, i plan on a 6400, oc it.

dont waste your cash on a C2D. X2's will play any game you want without any difference. If you are willing to shell out the money for a c2d, save up and wait for a quadcore.

C2D's are better then x2's and Fx's however for benchmarking. A good setup with an x2 and or FX will have the same performance. IE you dont notice a difference in gameplay. Humans can only proccess so much information.

the c2d will give an increase in frame rates in games. He also might do more than just gaming so I would go with whats best at the time which in this case is c2d.

Also considering how close the prices are between AMD X2`s and c2d`s Id choose the c2d.

Well, i know humans cant see high frames per second, therefore we just see smooth gaming. But considering that a E6300 is a cheap processor, and its fast, id rather get that. I dont need quad core anyway. it would be nice tho to have 2 instances of an mmorpg and trading with players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom