Dimenson 4600c Video Card Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilyag55

Beta member
Hey all,

I currently use a Dell Dimenson 4600C with a GeForce4 440 MX with AGP 8X and am looking to upgrade my video card. I'd would prefer not spend over $100 if possible. However, as I understand it the profile on the video card needs to be shorter because the 4600C uses a mini-tower; any suggestions?

More Questions...

I currently run a Dell Dimenson 4600C (the mini-tower). This means that the profile for my video card is smaller than average. I'm looking to upgrade from the stock card that came with it (GeForce 440 MX) and was looking for suggestions. I'd prefer to spend under $100.

So far, I've ran into the GeForce 6200 AGP as being a viable option. However, I have a few questions I need to get sorted out.

First: The GeForce 6200 seems to be listed as requiring 300+ watts of power supply for the computer as a system requirement. The 4600c only has 160 watts, is this going to be a problem?

Second: Some of the reviews list the card as not coming with a low-profile faceplate. Does my system (4600C) require a different faceplate? If so, are they relatively easy to come by and replace?
Specifically, I'm looking at the following card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122222

And finally: Is there a better performing card that can fit my 4600c that is slightly higher in price?

Thank you all in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom