digital graphic card slight problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emery1990

Beta member
hello im toby im new on this site..

right..so ive just bought a new flat screen tv and was planning to connect it to my computer. but ive found out that the tv is dvi connection being digital and the computer that was my brothers is vga being analogue.. i have been told that i can either just buy a new graphics car which would change the computer to digital like my tv. or to get a gender swap so i can connect the pc and tv together with a dvi cable and a vga cable. my tv manual said i can buy a vga/dvi connector but ive heard they done excist.. ive also been told that the gender swao option might not work properly because the mans never done it before. also would a graphics card which is digital make my computer graphics any better. or just simply change it to digital.. so im just wandering if any knows of the gender swap thing or to just get a new graphics card which he said would be around £50

thanks toby:confused:

A gender changer unfortunatly wouldn't work becuase you cannot change a Analogue signal to a digital system very well. A new GPU will make the graphics quicker and is probably easier than trying to get hold of a converter for a TV from analogue to digital. The graphics card will probably be a bit cheaper than £50 id say about £30 if you did it yourself. A nVidia 6200 would do the trick if you're only analogue now!

Ruan

This is what you need.

You will not notice a difference between using a VGA to DVI converter vs a comparable video card that has a DVI output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom