digital to analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
say if my video card has a dvi output, can i buy a dvi to vga adapter to go from digital to analog or does the signal stay digital to digital? in other words is it possible to connect a vga monitor to a dvi slot on the video card using a dvi to vga dongle?

B000067RL2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

i ment the signal... even though if u change the output, the signal will always be digital to digital or will the signal be digital to analog?

if u want to hook up a vga monitor to a dvi video card, or vice-versa, all u need is an adapter. Thats how im hooked up.

i have tried using an adapter but the monitor remains black. i have also tried vga monitor to vga video card and it works fine.

im doing the same thing (dvi to vga) with an adapter and it works dandy. maybe u just have to change a setting in ur drivers? try that out

my video card identifies my current monitor as crt but im using a lcd monitor, is there an problems with this?

EDIT: lol i figured out the problem. inorder to change my monitor, the pc has to be turned off. thanks for ur support though. u got me fiddling with my hardware. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom