Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocer 939

In Runtime
im buying a alienware laptop for myself for christmas

and was wondering the benefits of
single vs sli 8700m 512
and 2gb vs 4gb of memory

if they would both benefit me greatly i will get them both but in order to keep my cost down i was wondering if either will make a huge difference or not

and i have cable internet is there still a problem with vista not giving you cable speeds?

The SLI would probably help games when playing them at higher resolutions, though to be honest, most people around here don't think SLI is worth it.

I would get 4 GB of memory... but with current games it might not show much improvement. Many games simply don't require over 2 GB of memory. Though, I have seen one or two recommend 3 GB... Your call on that one... If it's too expensive to get 4 GB, it likely isn't worth it.

Haven't used Vista yet... so can't answer your last question.

Unless you specifically need a gaming machine that you can carry around... you might want to consider a desktop. You'll get more performance for a lower price that way...

alright thank you i'm going notebook because i already have a desktop and i attend alot of lan's and its a pain to haul around my desktop everywhere. plus that and i wont be bored out of my mind at work anymore lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom